Seattle startups raked in hundreds of millions of dollars in the past week alone — for businesses as varied as pet sitting tech and a revolutionary leukemia treatment. What’s behind the flurry of big-dollar deals? And is it good news for the scene, or the sign of an impending downturn?
Plus, Getaround — a new service that lets you rent your car out, Airbnb-style — expands to Seattle, and the city’s iconic Space Needle gets a shiny new makeover.
Listen to our conversation in the player below or subscribe to the GeekWire Podcast in your favorite podcast app to hear every episode.
This week’s stories:
- Rent a car from your neighbor? Getaround launches novel mobility service in Seattle
- Once a startup runt, Rover laps up $155 million for tech-fueled pet care marketplace
- Madrona raises $300M venture fund, reveals strategy for investing in Pacific Northwest startups
- Sales automation startup Outreach raises $65M round led by Spark Capital to fuel growth
- Nohla Therapeutics raises $45M, gets new HQ as it moves novel leukemia treatment closer to market
- Crowd Cow raises $8M from Ashton Kutcher, Joe Montana, Madrona and others to grow digital marketplace for craft meats
- Tango Card raises $35M to modernize how companies send out digital rewards
Conclusion: So above is the Week In Geek Podcast: An epic week for startup funding, and the Space Needle gets a makeover article. Hopefully with this article you can help you in life, always follow and read our good articles on the website: Ngoinhanho101.com