GeekWire Radio: Microsoft general counsel Brad Smith on government snooping, tech talent and the company’s new era
Brad Smith, Microsoft’s top lawyer for more than a decade, is the company’s top executive on many of the biggest issues facing the tech giant and the industry.
The Microsoft general counsel joins us on the GeekWire radio show this week for a wide-ranging discussion about topics including government surveillance, Microsoft’s ongoing legal battle over an international warrant, big changes for the company’s large contract workforce, the state of computer science education, the Seattle region’s booming tech economy, the competition for engineering talent, and the company’s new era under CEO Satya Nadella.
“It’s an exciting time, but more than that, I’d say it’s a fun time to be there — as many times have been,” he says. “But this in particular is quite a moment.”
The conversation begins in the second segment of the show, at 9:30 in the audio player below, following our weekly news roundup. This extended podcast version includes a bonus segment with Smith that isn’t airing on the radio.
Download the MP3 here.
GeekWire stories on the topics we discuss:
- Microsoft’s top lawyer, fighting U.S. over customer email, calls for reform of ‘outdated’ electronic privacy laws
- Microsoft will require suppliers to give workers 15 days of paid leave
- Dozens of tech, education & nonprofit execs urge passage of Washington computer science bill
- Microsoft at 40: How the company has changed, and stayed the same
Brad Smith blog posts:
- Unfinished business on government surveillance reform
- Protecting customer data from government snooping
- Paid time off matters: Ensuring minimum standards for the people at our suppliers
Our App of the Week is Microsoft’s Office Lens, newly released for iPhone and Android.
The show begins with our weekly news roundup, covering Amazon’s suit over fake product reviews, a new high-tech innovation for your stovetop, and our comment of the week.
Conclusion: So above is the GeekWire Radio: Microsoft general counsel Brad Smith on government snooping, tech talent and the company’s new era article. Hopefully with this article you can help you in life, always follow and read our good articles on the website: Ngoinhanho101.com